The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has invited applications for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child for Class 11 AND 12. The scheme has been started with an aim to promote higher education for girl child. The number of scholarships may vary every year.
Last date: October 18, 2019
Eligibility and selection criterion
As it is a merit based scholarship, students would be selected on the basis of marks acquired in Class 10th boards.
a) In order to participate, students need to at least score 60 percent or more marks.
b) Students should be from CBSE affiliated schools.
c) The applicant should be an only child.
d) Candidates have to follow the format given on the website for affidavit.
e) Further school principal has to attest the required documents as the student enters Class 11 clearing Class 10.
f) Tuition fee should not be more than Rs 1,500 per month in Class 10 and 10% enhancement for Class 11 and 12.
g) NRI candidates are also eligible with a tuition fee of Rs 6,000 per month.
h) The scholarship will only be awarded to Indian nationals.
i) Those who appeared in Class 10 boards in 2019 are eligible to apply.
j) Students are eligible for other assets given by school
- The students will be Rs 500 per month
- The students can get the scholarship for a maximum period of two years
How to apply
Candidates can visit the official website, http://cbse.nic.in/Scholarship/Webpages/Guidelines%20and%20AF.html
Now, the website will show a set of rules, which say:
1. Candidate needs to enter her roll number and date of birth (as printed on the Class X mark sheet) to submit the online application form.
2. Enter all particulars carefully and submit the form.
3. Note down the ‘registration number’ shown on the page. This will be used while uploading documents and also for all other future communications.
4. Print the undertaking as provided in the ‘Guidelines Document’, fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from the school.
5. Prepare the affidavit according to the format provided in the ‘Guidelines Document’.
6. Scan the above two documents, i.e. ‘affidavit’ and ‘undertaking’ to create PDF file of up to 1MB size. The PDF should contain all the pages (in case of multiple pages).
7. Go to the ‘upload document’ option and upload both the above-mentioned documents.
8. Go to print ‘confirmation page’ option and generate the confirmation page.
9. Only applicants who have completed the application process properly will be able to generate a confirmation page. Applicants who could not generate confirmation page are not successful, and their application will not be processed.
10. In case of any query, you may write to [email protected]